Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Spooooooky Ending to Halloween Night!!!!!

This year's Halloween has been pretty fun. I had a night out with friends on Saturday and we all dressed up like zombies.  I was a French Maid Zombie because I could find pieces of that costume in my closet.  Wait.  That doesn't sound exactly right. Haha! I'll explain.  I went to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time last year. Yes, I know. I'm very behind on pop culture.  My friends remind me of it all the time, but I'm catching up. When Patrick and Phillip took me to see RHPS, I went as the maid.  That's why it was in my closet.  Anyway, we had a great time Saturday night.  We all got ready at my house and then took off for the Ghouls Gone Wild Parade.  Here are some shots from that night.

This is me before Kristen got a hold of my hair and before I put on my zombie makeup

After

Sweet Zombies

Halloween Centerpiece

Robbie was a zipper face zombie. Spoooooooky!

Party Rockin' zombies

Jones as Kevin Durant

Whitney Lady Ga-Ga'd up her zombie outfit.

Fun with Ross at McNellie's

We heard Kristen sing, "Sorry for party rockin, yeah!" a few times. Haha!


Last night I invited my neighbors over for cocktails in honor of David Wood, the sweet and hilarious old man that lived across the street until he passed away this summer.  He was always so intent on getting everyone together as often as possible.  I know his motives were partly driven by a need to be around people.  He was in his late 80s and lived alone, so he would call people over to his house every night after work for a glass of wine or some whiskey.  I admired him for it.  He created his own happiness.  I need to be more like that.  But I also know that he valued the importance of community and wanted all of us to feel like we were included.  So, as an homage to David, I decided to get everyone together.  We had a great time and it really was good to talk and catch up with each other.  But something a little spooky happened after everyone left.

While I was cleaning the house, putting things away and turning off lights, I had this eery sense that I wasn't alone.  Then I made the mistake of checking out something that my friend Molly posted on my Facebook page (only a mistake because I was alone and already feeling a little spooked out.)  Apparently, someone has gone over to our Paseo building and done some paranormal testing and the results are on a webpage.  Check it out here! After reading the writeup and listening to the recordings on the page, I was totally freaking out (and if you read it you'll understand why I'm so glad I decided to go back to being a brunette. Haha!)

So I decided that I would watch some episodes of 30 Rock.  It always makes me feel better and it worked for a while, but around 4:30 am, the door to the little closet next to my bed flew open and banged against my bedside table.  It woke me up and scared the you-know-what out of me!!!! I'm wondering who was hanging around, keeping me company last night. Maybe David was still at the party. Needless to say, I'll be watching a LOT of 30 Rock for a while. Thank goodness for Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment