Thursday, November 3, 2011

Edgemere Elementary and the Paseo Artist Awards

I am on the committee again this year for the Paseo Artist Awards which take place next Thursday.  My responsibilities include organizing the music, artist videos and the decorations.  This year, instead of using live flowers, we've partnered up with a sixth grade class from Edgemere Elementary School to make paper flowers and Collin Rosebrook, at Paseo Pottery, is making all of the vases.  I think the centerpieces are going to rock the Devon Great Hall at the Oklahoma History Center (the venue for the ceremony.)

I'm meeting with that sixth grade class this afternoon to instruct the kids on how make the flowers and I'm really looking forward to it. I LOVE working with kids. Teaching is fun!  While researching the best procedures for creating the paper flowers, I found a couple of great blogs and images and I'm working on creating some examples so I can take them in to show the kids before we get started.  Here's what they should end up looking like.


The image and idea came from the blog, Aesthetic Nest, which credited the blog, MADE, for the project! I can't wait to see how they all turn out and I really can't wait to see them arranged on the tables. I know that the bright colors will be gorgeous and will represent the Paseo area well!

No comments:

Post a Comment