Tuesday, October 25, 2011

ECT - Planning Update

Well, today I started planning the East Coast Tour extravaganza. It will allow me to research those beautiful portrait miniatures in person and it's been a day of good news! I've scheduled the appointment with Dr. Robin Jaffee Frank at the Yale University Art Gallery and a friend of mine is trying to help me set up some meetings with curators at the National Portrait Gallery and at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. (Yes, I'm pinching myself.)

And to top it all off, I am going to get to road trip to Savannah and Charleston with my friend Scottie! I can't wait! SAVANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how I've missed you. Here's a little picture tour (some of my own pics) to show the route I'll take up from the south. I'll fly to Jacksonville, NC first and then Scottie and I will head down to Savannah! There I'll be visiting the Telfair Museum of Art's collection.


Next we'll head up to Charleston where I'll be visiting the Gibbes Museum of Art.


The Scottie is taking me to the airport so I can fly up to DC! Here I'll go to the National Portrait Gallery.


Then James is meeting me in Philly! This will be a place for fun because we'll get to visit Sean and Sarah! I'll also be seeing a little art here, but I haven't figured out just yet which collection I'll be seeing. I'll update as I know more.


James and I will then move our way up to NYC!!! I can't wait to see the pieces at the 


After a day in NYC, I'll got to New Haven, CT to the Yale University Art Gallery.  I've never been there, so I don't have a picture of it, but you can be sure that I'll have quite a few plastered all over this blog when I get back...which will happen the day before Thanksgiving! I am so grateful that this is all working out!




No comments:

Post a Comment