Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Excitement Deluxe!!!!

I should be packing and getting ready to leave for Savannah. Kyle, Tiffany and James are all waiting for me to get my stuff together before we can hit the road. But I had to stop and write about the best thing that happened today before the moment passes. James and I went to our second Historic Preservation Commission hearing today with hopes that they would accept our requests. We have continued to work on submitting tax credit applications, getting plans together, formulating ideas for the school, etc. over the past few months, but we haven't been able to do further work on the building because we needed a certificate of appropriateness from HP before we can even get a building permit. So guess what! Today we got that go ahead. I'm so proud of James!!! We were able to get some things passed that were alternative and more sustainable materials for the roof and the windows. Thank you Historic Preservation Commission!!!

When we walked in I went in with the idea that I would send nothing but positive intentions and thoughts out into that room (which can be pretty intimidating the first time you enter. It's in the OKC Municipal Building...lots of marble!) and I found out later that James did the same thing. The whole experience was thrilling. We didn't know what to expect because we had been there before and it hadn't gone exactly the way we hoped it would. However, after a little volleying back and forth between a very kind and enlightened member of the commission and one who was rightfully supporting the guidelines, things took an incredibly positive turn. I realized as I was sitting there praying, that everything was going to work out! Everything was starting to move in the direction of us getting to do what we really want to do with that building. And it is all connected to what we want to do in that building too.

It was exactly what I hoped for and a huge blessing. It's just one more thing that proves that we're doing exactly what we're supposed to. I feel like we've got a lot to learn, but we will learn it. We will do it! We already are.

No comments:

Post a Comment