Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 6 = Glasgow and Day 7 = Rest

We have really been pushing at a fast clip so I'm grateful that today is a day at sea. I needed a day to rest and take it easy. Yesterday, Day 6, mom and I slept in a little (woke at 8:30am instead of 6:30 am) in our port of Greenock, Scotland, ate breakfast and then instead of taking a planned tour, we jumped in a cab to the train station and got ourselves up over to Glasgow. Have I mentioned that I love taking trains recently? It was much less expensive than taking a cab and I loved the scenery we saw on our way.




We only had enough time to eat lunch and take a "Hop On/Hop Off" tour of the city, but it was worth it. Plus it was really nice to be alone with mom for a change. We had a great day! Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and the third largest in the UK. I was most interested in the architecture and the Botanical Garden.

Glasgow Science Center

Scottish Exhibition and Science Center

A new arena is on the way!

Glasgow Botanic Gardens

Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum

City Chambers on George Square


Maybe someday I'll return and have more than a few hours to really experience all there is to see. For now, I'll just cruise along and enjoy this day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment