Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011 - Round 2!

Patrick and Phillip came up last night to stay with me and keep me company during this second Oklahoma snow storm in the past two weeks.  After Phillip made us some yummy omelets, we all bundled up more than the kids on "A Christmas Story" and walked to 7-Eleven so Phillip could get a coffee.  Here are some pics from the walk.

Leaving the House

Walking Up My Street


A Snow Obelisk

Frozen Grass Peaking Through

Was Tempted to Stop at VZDs for a Burger

Kings of the HIll

Yay! We Made It!

Guy and Patrick

I Love This Picture of Guy. 

Seriously One of the Best Dogs I know

Amy and Patrick (Don't you Love that Art Deco House in the Background?)




We spent a little time in the greenhouse when we returned and found something really great! A Praying Mantis egg case is attached to the side of one of my hanging planters. It holds 100-200 eggs so that a lot of potential for natural bug control.  I really hope that they all make it! I think they'd be cool to watch too.

Praying Mantis Egg Case

In the Green House
Lights!

Patrick and Phillip - I love these guys.

Patrick, Phillip and I renovated my house together about 3 & 1/2 years ago.  Well, that's at least when we started the project.  I'm still working on it! Ha! But I've realized something lately.  This is my art.  This is what I think about when I'm being creative, aside from music. It's design and decor. My degrees are in music education, art history and now art history again for my masters, so I don't have a lot of education in that area, but I know what I like and what I want so it seems to work.  Patrick majored in interior design so I love to hear his opinion on things and Phillip just graduated with a major in Botany and a double minor in Japanese and Spanish so we've got the plant and landscaping thing down too.  They are both exceptional people who care very much about learning, creativity and me. Plus we just have fun together! I'm a lucky girl to have their friendship.


2 comments:

  1. Amy!! I love your blog!! Tell Patrick I said hello, I miss him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Bianca! I'll definitely pass along the hello. I hope you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete