Saturday, February 12, 2011

Paseo Arts Festival Music

Because the blog I just wrote is a little more personal, I thought I'd add something that's more business related.  I was asked a couple of weeks ago to head up the music for the main stage at the Paseo Arts Festival this year (May 28, 29 & 30)! I'm so honored but I'm also thrilled to be able to give musicians an opportunity to be seen and heard.  The person who had generously run the smaller stage for the past five years also gave up that post so I asked my friend Justin Witte to come in and help with that and I know he'll be great because he already books music for the Red Cup (one of my favorite places in OKC.)

My brother, Thomas Young, who I really admire is also going to be on board. I'm not the only one who respects Tom.  I'm the oldest of three, so when we were growing up in Ardmore, for a short time my siblings were known as "Amy's brother" or "Amy's sister".  But in Norman and really in the musical population of Oklahoma, if people have met Tom, I'm now "Tom's sister."  And I couldn't be happier about that. I'm so proud of his talent and the kindness he shows to all.   We'll complete the team with James and I think we'll have what we need to make the musical experience at the festival great!

We haven't had our first festival meeting yet, mainly because the snow storms of the last few weeks have hindered getting everyone together. However, as soon as I know details, I'll be posting them here, all over Facebook and wherever else we can think to share the info. If you're a musician or you know a group that would like to play the festival, let me know! I'm ready to get this ball rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment