Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

One year ago today, James and I signed our names on the dotted line to form Spark LLC.  This is the company under which we bought the building and started an almost year long process of filling out files, making requests, attending Historic Preservation hearings, applying for national tax credits for historic preservation, working with the city, applying for a loan, making plans, traveling to other venues for observations, and so much more!

We've found that many, many people along the way have been willing to help us and we've been humbled by it.  I can't speak for James, but I know that, for me, it's also been a year of finding our groove as partners and figuring out the best ways to communicate and share.  I've been very fortunate and because we are basing our goals and dreams on what we can give back to the community and to each other, we've both been blessed beyond measure.

So in honor of the year behind us and the year ahead, we're off on a mystery trip to a place where we'll create mission statements, state our core values and goals, draw up a plan and really narrow in on what it is that we want to provide and to whom we want to give.  I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. Amy I just think what you are doing is so wonderful and when it opens I cant wait to check it out . Its going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Natasha! I'm really looking forward to the opening myself. :)

    ReplyDelete