Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Courage!

I've been giving a lot of thought to the topic of courage lately.  Just like I seem to have to clean my house before I write a paper in order to remove distractions and improve focus, I have been cleaning house emotionally because I want to focus on and direct as much energy as possible towards finishing my masters and working on this project in the Paseo.  I know that I need to deal with some things that I have been carrying around and not addressing.

You have to have courage to face your faults and weaknesses.  Nobody wants to be labeled in a negative way and, in my case, fear can be overwhelming so sometimes it's easier to just ignore things.  However, I'm finding that as hard as it is to work through issues, your load is so much lighter when you work through things and let them go.  How sad it is to realize that, at times, I've been my own worst enemy and that I've been carrying so much more than I needed to.  But such is life.  We learn as we go and as we live, so I'm excited for all of the progress and growth that is happening right this very minute and for all that 2011 is going to bring.

James and I went to see the Kings Speech yesterday.  He had told me that he wanted me to see it.  I understood almost immediately why he felt that way.  How lucky I am to have a partner and friend that encourages me to face my fears and to realize my full potential...and someone who believes in that potential sometimes even more than I do. How lucky I am to have many friends who do.  

Here is the trailer for the movie.  Watch it and then go see the movie if you haven't already.  It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.  If you've ever had the fear that you weren't worthy of the task ahead of you or that you weren't cut out for your calling, watch this film.  I love that the arts have the power to remind us all that we can achieve anything if we just have the courage to take the chance, the perseverance to see it through and the confidence in our contribution to this world.

I have a voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment