Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Funday

Today James and I had another great work day.  I think we should call them "Monday Funday" from now on.  We took care of some errands and ate at Big Truck Tacos in honor of them winning the Food Network's America's Great Food Truck Race.  I'm so excited for them and for Oklahoma City! After James and I finished our work day, my friend Phillip came up and we worked in the green house for a while.

When I bought my house a few years ago, I was excited that it came with a green house because I have always loved plants and I saw this as an opportunity to learn more about them (and to not kill them!).  Phillip is a botany major at OU and is not only smart, but one of the kindest people I know.  Every now and then Phillip will be very generous with his time and knowledge and teach me some things about the plants we've been collecting.  These include ferns, orchids, bromeliads, and more!

I have a feeling that when we get the business going and we have a garden from which the students, old and young, will learn about organic food and gardening, we will also be using this green house to start seeds and other projects.  Everything seems to always work together.  I had no idea when I bought this house that James and I would even be thinking about our goals together.  We didn't know each other yet. But here we are again, with everything we need.  I love life.

Here's a sample of the fun that goes down in the green house when Phillip comes to visit. I hope we can have classes like this for our students!

No comments:

Post a Comment