Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day Care vs. Accredited Pre School

Lately I've been giving a lot of thought to systems, structures and set-up.  I've been trying to figure out the best way to start the process of starting a school.  I've always wanted to have an accredited pre-school and thought that would be a big part of what we would do during the day at our building.  I still think that will be the ultimate goal, but I did some research this past week into what it means to be accredited and how you gain that status as a school.  I realize that we are going to have to start out more as a day care because I think you have to be in business for at least a year before anyone will come to evaluate your school and help you with that process.

But that's great because guess what! There is a business called "Rainbow Fleet" right around the corner from our building that specializes in helping parents find quality child care in the area and also gives consultations to people who are interested in starting a day care .  Can you believe that? It's literally two blocks from our building!!!  I now have access to the exact training and advice that I need in order to get this school started.  Because tomorrow is Labor Day, I'll have to wait until Tuesday to make an appointment, but that will be one of the day's first tasks.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment