Monday, August 15, 2011

How to Start a 501c3

I got the call this evening that James and I got a scholarship for a workshop we were planning to attend (whether we got it or not) tomorrow at the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits. I'm grateful for that monetary help and even more thankful for the training because I know we can use the guidance. We need a checklist of things to do in order to make this happen.

The people at the Center are so kind, helpful and encouraging.  They took the time to talk to us this past spring and, of course, we were there right after the last time they had held this training.  They said, "It's too bad the next one isn't until August," but we waited and I can't believe August got here so fast!  So here we are, at the very beginning of this phase. I just know we are going to learn a lot tomorrow and I'm very grateful that Oklahoma has a place like this to help so many people reach their dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment