Friday, March 18, 2011

Catching Up!

The trip to Colorado brought about many great things.  It's always good when James and I can get away and talk about ideas for the building and school and we sure had some.  We not only found inspiration at 910Arts but we also gathered ideas for issues related to the Paseo Arts Festival music after watching the way things worked at the Snowball Music Festival.  (That was some fun work related experience. Heheh!) But seriously we did!

Currently we're thinking on the topic of board members for the non profit.  Anyone who has read this blog in the past knows that I have struggled with confidence and I have to say that this step is a challenge.  Who would want to support us and our ideas in such a grand way?  I don't know yet. I have some people in mind that I would like to ask, but I don't know if they'll say yes.  I do know that once we take this step, we can do anything.  I don't doubt my own ability to accomplish our goals anymore.  It's all learning process and we're learning as we go, but I feel that if I just keep working at it, it's all going to work out.  It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Since we returned, life has been full of ups and downs.  Doesn't it always go that way?  Here are some images of the "ups."

I went to visit the family in Durant. Gaius sure loves his great grandpa. :)

I'm sorry but how cute is he??? :)

My sweet sister, Jenny, and myself.

Then Gaius, Jenny and Sam came to visit me! He's happy even at 6:30 a.m. I have to say that his sweet smile was a great start to the day!

Braden, Mike and Brad (lifetime friends) were in town and came over for dinner.  I love these men.


Me and Phillip before the Scissor Sister's show in Tulsa (Claire, Bobby and Patrick came too!)

Patrick and Phillip

Even Brad came over for the concert! 

Scissor Sisters Show at Cain's Ballroom


I came back early enough to pick my Oklahoma Food Coop order which included worms to make a worm bin! Yay! I'll make another post about that process soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment