Sunday, July 4, 2010

FORTS!!!!

I've been thinking about the classroom spaces and even the outdoor spaces at the building and of how they will invite students to do certain things. Lately, I've been thinking a lot about reading and how fun it would be to have a fort somewhere inside and a big tree outside that the kids could sit underneath. Perhaps there could be reading with camping headlights under the tree if it gets too dark. :)

James is off seeing our wonderful country (Happy 4th of July everyone) with his friend, Genevieve Santos, and sent me a pic yesterday of an awesome fort that he saw in a kids' store in California.



I think it looks pretty awesome! This had me doing a little more research and found that there was even a "Where the Wild Things Are Fort Contest." Check out the awesome entries and winners here.


My thinking is that if we have a reading tree outside, we'll definitely have to take care of providing that one, but I think the kids should have a part in making the reading forts inside. Maybe we should have a monthly fort contest of our own at the school where the kids get to design and create these magical spaces. That's most of the fun anyway!!!

Oh this is going to be so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment