Friday, June 18, 2010

I will miss the Museum

Lately, I've been feeling so many things all at once that it's hard to process everything. I am finding myself struggling with the thought of leaving the Museum. I love the people I work with and for. The people I work with in the office are beautiful, creative, hilarious and kind. The docents are the same and all have sharpened me and made me stronger.

I have always wanted to open a school for kids but I don't think I found the confidence to do it until sometime in the past few years...maybe even until just last year. When I started working at the Museum, I wasn't ready for my job, but Carolyn and Chandra believed in me. They gave me time and were patient with me while I was learning and making a lot of mistakes. So were the docents. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have found such wonderful and nurturing people. I am becoming someone who can do things I never dreamt possible because of all of the encouragement and inspiration they have provided.

I'm a little scared and sad about leaving because I know that I love these people and I have a big hill to climb, but I know it's my calling to go.

A while back, I found a short film on Vimeo that perfectly captures what I'm feeling. I posted it on my facebook, but I think I'll post it again here. It's about a girl who discovers a different world and loves it, like when I moved to OKC and took the job at the Museum. When this girl's new experience is gone, she's sad, but then has a new realization. There is hope found in a new and different future...and this future brings so many new experiences.

Trichrome Blue from Lois van Baarle on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment