Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Love and Semester Update

This has been another wonderful Christmas.  We spent yesterday at my sister's house because Jenny and her husband, Sam, are excellent cooks! They really love to spend time in the kitchen and it shows in everything they create.  I've been working on them a little, trying to convince them to come up and teach a class when we get the cooking classes going at YoungLab. :)

We've also been spending holidays at their house because with our newest addition to the family, Gaius, it's just easier to have everyone go there. Have I mentioned how cute my nephew is?  I know this is more of a professional blog, but the love I feel for that little boy knows no bounds! Here's a little proof.



After changing diapers, giving bottles, and rocking him to sleep, I was feeling pretty amazing. I thought of myself as a big time care giver. Then it hit me! With the help of many people, James and I are creating a place where, in addition to opportunities to learn all kinds of things, I can give people (big and little) lots of love, care, encouragement and support.  I'm really excited about this because I know how much we all need it and I feel like I have so much to give.

My dream is to teach the pre-school classes during the day and an evening, adult, art history class one night each week.  I really can't wait. We'll bring in people to teach and lead classes in other areas, but I'll probably be around for all of the classes, especially during the first five years (and maybe longer). That's just how it goes when you start a business. Plus, one of the perks will be that I can learn from others too!

Luckily, every step along the way is just as exciting as what we will be doing.  Here's what I envision for the preschool classes: singing, playing instruments, story time, garden time, snack time (made from produce we'll pick from the garden) and art time...and lots of laughter!  Everything will be centered around creativity and encouragement.  It's going to be a magical place for kids.

I'll write more about the after school programs for kids and the adult night classes later, but I'm just as thrilled to share what I've been learning at school with the big kids too.  Oh and speaking of my own education, I made a 4.0 this semester! Yeah!!! I don't know if I've ever made a 4.0 so I'm really glad that I got that experience sometime before I graduated.  I only have one more semester of class and then I'll write my thesis.  My 22 year stint in college is coming to an end. I can't believe it! Ha! But that's another reason for establishing a place for learning.  I won't ever stop thirsting for knowledge and new experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment