Sunday, November 28, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. Does anyone have formatting issues when they see the videos within the blog? I'm seeing it when I log on and need to fix it if it's a universal problem and not just mine.

2. Watching the videos we've been making and posting here are helping me to realize that I need to hit it a little harder with my workouts.  I'm going to actually check into yoga this week too.  I am! I am! I am! (That was for my benefit.  Positive intention.)

3. I got a lot accomplished in the study/clean/alone time areas yesterday and I'm grateful, but I felt a bit lonely.  It's silly how I get that way even when the sequestering is self-imposed.  I think it just has to do with the fact that I loved being with my family for Thanksgiving and when we're all together, I feel most at peace.  I miss those folks and it takes a little getting used to when we say goodbye.  I'm sure that makes me a lucky girl because it means we love each other so much. Plus, I know that I'm not going to have time over the next two and 1/2 weeks to even think about it.  School is going to dominate my life! But I'm looking forward to all that I'm going to learn and I'm grateful for the preparation that's already taken place since the beginning of the semester.

My professors are top notch.  I won't go into it too much because I don't want it to seem like I'm kissing up.  That would actually negate the quality of my work anyway.  It's just that I've learned so much and I couldn't be more thankful.  I have so far still to go, but I've noticed that the professors in the Art History department are the best kind of teachers. They incorporate a lot of what I heard at the Creativity World Forum last week.  The patiently encourage, give the resources needed, reward growth and give us the space we need to have our own ideas and work them out.  I'm thinking of a few professors in particular, but I'll wait until I graduate to list them by name.  I think that would be the most ethical thing to do.  

I watch, observe, listen and take away the most successful strategies these professors use on us and store them away in my mind and heart so that I can use them myself when I have the honor of teaching again in the future! I can't wait! The school/community center is going to be a place where I can practice all of those techniques and I am so excited to have that opportunity.

4. While I was cleaning a little this morning (because for some reason I always have to clean a little before I can write papers) I had the tv on and I could hear a sermon from one of the Methodist churches.  It was interesting because the main point of the talk was about how heavy anger can be and that we have to let it go in order to lighten our own load.  I wondered if I was carrying any anger towards anyone and really searched myself to see if I was.  The truth is, I don't really struggle with anger so much, but resentment seems to be a close cousin to that emotion and I know that I have some in me. So today, I'm going to work on letting that go.  I am focusing back on being complete in my own heart and depending on the love that I know is flowing my way from God and those around me. 

But for now, I'm going to get something yummy to eat for lunch.  Happy Sunday!

2 comments: