Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back on the Cleanse

Today is day 4 for me of hopping back on the 21 day, Quantum Wellness cleanse. When I did this cleanse the first time back in September I experienced great results.  But as soon as I finished it, I slipped back into some of my old ways of eating and drinking.  It's easy to just say, "I can eat and drink anything I want."  when you're only accountable to yourself, but I realized within one day of starting this time that I feel so much better when I'm cutting out the sugar, caffeine, alcohol, gluten and animal products.

I love meat, cheese and wine so I can safely say that I won't go my whole life without eating those things. I just can't give up wine!!! But I had been struggling with inertia and wasn't finding the energy I needed to get moving, so when I started the cleanse and found myself jumping around the house that very evening, I knew that I was on the road to better health. I was supposed to start on January 2nd with friends, but it took me about four days to quit intentionally cheating and drinking wine at night. Hahaha! What is it with me? I rebel even against myself when it comes to giving things up and I forget about how great it feels to be healthy.

The same goes for exercise.  I started getting out and walking this week because the weather was sooooooooo nice! I could feel the oxygen in my muscles and my head clearing within the first block of my new route and regime.  Why do I forget about the energy and peace of mind that accompanies taking care of yourself?  I think it's because I'm lazy.  But I've actually lost 8 pounds since last week.  I couldn't believe it when I got on the scale and I know that it's mostly water, but giving up the alcohol and the sugary sodas (the exact thing I wrote about needing to leave behind for good) made that fluid leave my body within three days.  I'm grateful too because I needed some extra motivation this time.

So this weekend I've been out to First Friday in Paseo (which was AWESOME! SO PACKED WITH PEOPLE!) and last night I was invited to two parties in Norman, but I didn't drink at any of these events and luckily, one of the parties was at my friend Courtney's house.  She's always great about eating in the manner of the cleanse, so I never have to worry about going hungry over there.  Haha!  I'm so grateful! I just need to remember to be kind and loving to myself and to do whatever it takes to help myself feel good. And this isn't just a physical thing.  I can tell a huge difference in my mood and ability to keep calm when I don't have the sugar and alcohol in my system.  I'm balanced and that feels even better than loosing 8 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment