Friday, April 29, 2011

The Past Week! What a Whirlwind!

Over the last week, we've had some exciting things happening at the building and with Sixtwelve!


We bought a Redbud tree for Sixtwelve on Earth Day!

I volunteered at the Festival of the Arts in downtown OKC!

I worked at the West Lawn Stage.  Go Joe Divine!

I'm on the board for the Oklahoma Alliance for Art Education and we had our annual State Superintendent's Awards for Excellence in Fine Arts at the Scottish Rite Temple in Guthrie, Oklahoma.

It's a beautiful building inside and out! Visit it sometime to see some of Oklahoma's great history!

I studied my rear end off too. It's almost finals time which means I'm writing a LOT! I'm currently working on papers relating to an awning for my Material Culture class and one on the palace and gardens at Versailles!

All that studying and hard work means I can take time for play! Gooooooooo Thunder!!!!!!

We all take Thunder basketball very seriously. :)
Russell, Robby and Preston are great people to go to a game with.




Just yesterday we walked over to the building to find all of the front side windows installed! Yipppeee!


And today we asked someone for the very first time to be a board member. Her name is Tracey Zeeck and she accepted!  We couldn't be happier because from the very beginning, she has been so supportive and asked if there was anything she could do.  She, her husband Andy and Andy's brother David focus on green building and renovations.  They are living exactly what we want to promote with our business, so it was a natural fit.  Tracey has her own PR consultancy, is a motivated, caring and genuine person AND wants to see great things happen for OKC, so we are so lucky to have her on (the) board.  The goodness just keeps coming!

2 comments: